Sinai Temple is searching for its next administrator, who will serve as the member services coordinator and organizing hub of all congregational activities. This position is established as 30 hours per week, with the potential for expansion into a full-time position in the future.
Function: The Administrator serves as the chief administrative officer of the congregation in accordance with the guidelines and objectives set forth by the Board of Trustees and By-Laws of the Temple. The Administrator is responsible for the implementation of the policies of the Board of Trustees and for the day-to-day temple administration, including member relations, management of volunteers, fiscal and administrative affairs, and supervisory jurisdiction over clerical and building maintenance personnel.
Relationships: The Administrator reports to the Board of Trustees through the president of the congregation or the president’s designee. The Administrator is a member of the professional team, assisting the Board of Trustees and appropriate committees. The Rabbi serves as the Administrator’s day-to-day supervisor. The Administrator is expected to collaborate and coordinate with the Rabbi and the Director of Education on administrative matters.
Principal Duties: Under the general direction of the president of the congregation and in close consultation with the Rabbi, the Administrator is responsible for assuring the performance of the following functions either personally or through other staff or volunteers.
- Maintain positive relationship with Temple members, providing information and addressing their concerns in a timely, professional, and friendly manner.
- Serve as welcoming representative of Temple to prospective members, offering information on services and dues structure and connecting them with the Rabbi and membership volunteers.
- Provide receipts to members for dues and donations; provide year-end summaries for tax filing purposes.
- Seek out and engage vendors and suppliers for the Temple in a cost-effective, value-driven manner. Ensure invoices are paid accurately in a timely manner.
- Maintain financial procedures and records of Temple and prepare monthly and annual financial statements in coordination with treasurer of the congregation.
- Follow up with members and donors regarding outstanding pledges.
- Serve as the primary proactive and responsive point of contact for Sinai Temple. Ensure that phones, electronic, and paper communications are covered.
- Manage and coordinate Temple communications through a variety of media, including electronic, website, social media, and print.
- Manage the member database for communications, dues management, and donor relations purposes.
- Organize and implement processes for compilation and production of the annual report to Temple members. Organize annual meeting of members in compliance with Temple Bylaws.
- Implement policies of the Board of Trustees. Provide information and advice to the Board in serving the needs and growth of the congregation, assisting the Board in fulfilling its responsibilities. Attend Board and committee meetings at the request of the President. Maintain records for the Board, working with the officers.
- Coordinate facilities management and maintenance activities, ensuring that the building and equipment are in working order and ready to support the schedules and activities of the congregation, the religious school, and any facilities rental agreements.
- Provide administrative support to the Rabbi and Director of Education as needed.
- Minimum of associates degree
- A minimum of three years in an administrative role, preferably in a non-profit or membership organization
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Financial record keeping skills and experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Publisher or similar software; familiarity with bookkeeping software, Quickbooks preferred
- Experience and demonstrated abilities with all forms of communications, including websites and social media
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Understanding or familiarity with Jewish holidays and traditions, or willingness and interest to learn about them
For consideration, please email resume and cover letter to: email@example.com