OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE LXe DISHWASHER (DW)
1. Press the ON button at least 10-15 minutes prior to use.
2. Preheat DW for 10-15 minutes until display reads READY.
3. Scrape excess food from dinnerware into a garbage can. Rinsing is not necessary.
4. Load the dishwasher racks as follows:
A. The pegged rack is for plates and platters
B. The flat rack is for cups, bowls, glasses and silverware including wooden handled knives.
C. The cubed rack is for wineglasses.
• Do NOT wash non-commercial plastic in the DW e.g. plastic serving utensils, containers or silverware.
• The racks may be loaded 1.) on the counter (lifting required), 2.) on a cart (slight lift from the cart to the DW door), or 3.) on the dishwasher door (NO LIFTING REQUIRED).
5. Open door; slide one rack of dishes into the DW. Close door.
6. Press the WASH button. The wash cycle temperature should be approx. 140 degrees and takes 90 sec., while the rinse cycle temp. should be approx. 180 degrees and takes about 20 seconds.
7. When the cycle is complete, open the door and let the steam escape for about 30 seconds. DO NOT PUT YOUR FACE OR HANDS NEAR THE DOOR OPENING DURING THIS TIME. THE STEAM IS VERY HOT. Then let the rack dry on the counter, on a cart or on the door of the DW for about 2 minutes. The dishes are then ready to be put away.
8. Meanwhile, reload the DW for the next wash/rinse cycle; if not in use, the machine will remain in idle mode. The machine will turn itself off after 4 hours if not used. If dish racks are alternated, there should be no waiting time to remove dishes and put them away.
9. At the end of the clean-up period, press POWER and the DW will DRAIN and shut down. After a few seconds of cool-down, place the washer arms in the 12 and 6 positions, and pull both the large and small filter baskets from the machine. Rinse them both in the sink and replace them before leaving the kitchen. This step is imperative and only takes a few seconds.